Welcome to the Intense 800 Rep Bodyweight Crossfit Challenge.
Yes – another high rep challenge, it seems with the limitations of our home gym, hip rep workouts are sometimes the way to go.
What can you expect from the challenge?
- A lot of bodyweight movements
- Some basic ones, some more challenging
- A mental grind
- A great satisfaction after you finish the challenge
Let’s get to the challenge.
Before we start, I want to remind you to never skip your warm-up!
It’s just as important as your actual workout.
Just to give you a few important facts on why you should warm up:
- Increases blood flow
- Reduces chance of injury
- Increases range of motion
- Improves performance
I could go on and keep rambling about the importance of warming up but I already did that in a different article. (click below to learn more)
If you feel a little more stiffness in your body after a long day of work, use this warm-up routine:
Intense 800 Rep Bodyweight Crossfit Challenge
(click on the links for a movement demonstration)
Enjoyed the challenge? Pin it!
How to approach it?
There are a few ways how you can approach this challenge and you definitely should make it dependent on your fitness level.
- You go for the challenge as written.
- A high number of reps that you will need to split into multiple sets to make sure your moving as fast as possible and resting as little as possible.
- You can try to go for 4 sets of 20 reps or adjust it to whatever sets and reps are comfortable for you.
- Turn the challenge into a workout with multiple rounds.
- You can turn it into a 4 round workout where you have to perform 20 reps each round that way you are changing the training stimulus and allow yourself to sustain your pace and moving faster from exercise to exercise.
- Another example would be to turn it into an 8 round workout where you have to perform 10 reps each round. You get the picture.
In case you are having trouble/pain with some of the exercises, here are some suggestions on how to work around it:
- Pike Push-Ups: an alternative for this movement would be the Arnold press or dumbbell push-press with the appropriate weight
- Pistols: you can switch to either the regular split squat or the reverse lunge
- Pull-Ups: an option would be the dumbell bend over row or the inverted row
- Sit-Ups: if you are having pain during sit-ups, opt for a variation of the plank
- Push-Ups: knee push-ups would be an option here
- Dumbbell Lunges: if the weight is too high, opt for bodyweight lunges
- Dips: an option so scale the dips or make them a little easier is to bend your legs while performing the exercise which will give you less resistance
- Air Squats: an alternative, if you are struggling to go deep in a squat, is the box air squat
- Burpees: an alternative would be the “no-push-up” burpee
After a long workout like that make sure to have a proper cool-down to avoid injuries & give your body the time to recover:
If you enjoyed this Intense 800 Rep Bodyweight Crossfit Challenge, you should definitely give the following a read and bookmark them for later: