Welcome to the 15 min Full Body CrossFit Bodyweight Workout.
The following workout consists of only three exercises but are a great combination to work your full body.
What can you expect from this training session:
- The duration of the whole session is around 30 minutes including a full warm-up and a cool-down.
- The exercises are simple but effective.
- If you struggle with any of the movements, you will find scaling options to adjust the workout.
Let’s get to the workout.
Before we start, I want to remind you to never skip your warm-up!
It’s just as important as your actual workout.
Just to give you a few important facts on why you should warm-up:
- Increases blood flow
- Reduces the chance of injury
- Increases range of motion
- Improves performance
I could go on and keep rambling about the importance of warming up but I already did that in a different article. (click below to learn more)
If you feel a little more stiffness in your body after a long day of work, use this warm-up routine:
15 min Full Body CrossFit
(Click on the link to see a movement demonstration)
Enjoyed the workout? Pin it!
How to approach?
Even though it’s “just” a 15 minute workout, it can become a really long session if you have to wrong approach.
You are working your whole body and the pistols in the end will spike your heart rate if you don’t pace it .
I would suggest two different approaches based on your fitness level:
- If you well conditioned, I would suggest you to try to go unbroken each round and give yourself a little bit of a breathing room in between the rounds. In case you are a pistol master, you can use that exercise to “catch your breath” and keep moving on without a brake between rounds.
- If you look at this workout and know that you will start to struggle after 5 minutes or so, make sure to break up the number of reps from the beginning. For the push-ups, you could with something like 6/4 and 6/6 for the pistols with little breaks in between to remain “fresh” as long as possible.
These are just two approaches. Sometimes you will need to adjust your approach in the middle of the workout, so don’t be afraid to do that.
How to scale?
In case you are having trouble/pain with some of the exercises, here are some suggestions on how to work around it:
- Dumbbell Bend Over Row: if you struggle with the dumbbell weight, a good alternative is to do the banded bend-over-row to keep the same stimulus
- Push-Ups: if you struggle with regular push-up, go ahead and try knee push-ups
- Pistols: some good options are either the regular split squat or the reverse lunge
After a long workout like that make sure to have a proper cool-down to avoid injuries and give your body the time to recover:
View as a Google Web Story
If you enjoyed this 15 min Full Body CrossFit Bodyweight Workout, you should definitely browse through some of the following and bookmark them for later: